Graceling

Graceling - Kristin Cashore


Katsa has been able to kill a man with her bare hands since she was eight - she's a Graceling, one of the rare people in her land born with an extreme skill. As niece of the king, she should be able to live a life of privilege, but Graced as she is with killing, she is forced to work as the king's thug.

When she first meets Prince Po, Graced with combat skills, Katsa has no hint of how her life is about to change.

She never expects to become Po's friend.

She never expects to learn a new truth about her own Grace - or about a terrible secret that lies hidden far away...


____________________________________________________________
THOUGHTS:

I am shaking.... This was such a good book. I really liked the main character, Katsa. She has these cool strong powers that make her appear powerful, but on the inside she is insecure. I like how the author just layers these characters. It gives them more complexity. I also liked the character Po. I like how he grounds Katsa, and show that she is not the monster that everyone think she is. It is pretty much them against the world and it is glorious. This is what makes a great duo and a great couple.

The ending was so sad. I know the author was trying to make a good thing out of everything, but I felt so sad for the character. I will not spoil it for you, but it was so heartbreaking to know what the author did to the character. UGH! After everything, I think the book was exceptional. I read the excerpt for the other books in this series, and unfortunately I found out that it doesn't follow the same characters. I was really disappointed. Instead of following the amazing couple Katsa and Po, we will be reading about Bitterblue and other characters mentioned in Graceling. I won't be reading the other two books.... well may be.... at least for now, I decided that I will not read it.

If you would like to read the two other books in this series, they are called Fire and Bitterblue.

RATE: 5/5

0 comments:

Post a Comment